March 8th to 20th, 2010
Limited to 15 persons
• Superb Gourmet Raw Vegan Cuisine by Simone Powers
• Celebrate the Balinese Nyepi holiday (see below)
• Treks to Waterfalls, through Rain Forests, to Hot Sulfur Springs & Cold Springs
• Yoga Workshops with Ethan Radcliffe
• Opportunities to observe cultural activities and religious ceremonies
• Sightseeing and Shopping
• Snorkeling Excursion and Relaxing on the Beach
March 8-20, 2010
$1,750 US (based on double occupancy) - Single Supplement $250
Includes 12 nights’ hotel, all meals*, workshops, tours and day trips (including entrance fees), and private ground transportation (including to/from Ngurah Rai Airport)
* Option to dine at local restaurants to taste local cooking at your own expense
- Airfare, $25 visa fee (payable at airport upon landing) and 150,000rp departure tax, tips and gratuities NOT included. Meals and beverages (e.g., alcohol, soda) outside our raw offerings by Simone NOT included.
- $250 non-refundable deposit due by December 31st, 2009.
- Balance due by February 1st, 2010
Bali, the beautiful "Island of Peace," is in Indonesia, located 8 to 9 degrees below the equator between Asia and Australia, with a mostly Hindu population. It has a tropical climate – the average temperature hovers around 86 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. The island is famous for its beautiful landscape. A chain of six volcanoes stretches from west to east. (Gunung Agung – Bali's holy mountain – is internationally regarded as one of the eight "Chakra" points of the world.) There are lush tropical forests, pristine crater lakes, fast flowing rivers and deep ravines, picturesque rice terraces, and fertile vegetable and fruit gardens. Bali measures just 55 miles (90 kilometers) North to South and less than about 90 miles (140 kilometers) from East to West. Because of this, it's easy to explore the island on day tours. There is the combination of the friendly people, the natural attractions, the great variety of things to see and do, and the year-round pleasant climate. And then there is Bali's special "magic" which is difficult to explain. The North Bali Lovina area is mainly characterized by its rural nature: fishing, farming, rice fields, plantations, mountains, forests, lakes and waterfalls - a true Bali paradise for culture, nature and meditation lovers.
Nyepi (March 16, 2010)
We selected the days for our retreat to coincide with Nyepi, a festival marking the beginning of a new lunar year and a day of silence, fasting, and meditation. On this day, everyone in Bali, including tourists, must remain silent. No one is allowed to work, travel, burn fires (lights), or partake in any indulgences. The night previous there are parades, huge papier mache demons, bon fires, fireworks, and much making of noise to drive away the evil spirits. We are excited for you to experience the 24 hours of an entire island in total silence.
Rambutan Boutique Hotel
located in Lovina, Bali, Indonesia
Set in over 2.5 acres of tropical gardens on the rural north coast of Bali in a tropical setting you won't forget. Just a three-minute walk to the beach
Each deluxe room offers
• double bed
• en-suite stone bathrooms
• walk-in wardrobes
• veranda with table and chairs
• panoramic views
• refrigerator and air conditioning
Contact Us to reserve your space now!